WE’RE HERE TO PROVIDE THE BEST METAL RECYCLING IN DENVER
We are a close-knit group of friendly folks who care about what we do. So when you call for service,
price quotes, or account questions — or when you drive through our gate — we’ll be here for you.
Family Owned and Operated since 1961
As the owner-operators of Iron & Metals, we obviously have many responsibilities. But none is more important to us than making sure you’re getting the exceptional service and fair treatment that will make you a lifelong customer or business partner.
We are also committed to our employees and our community, and take great pride in offering generous health insurance and profit sharing to all who work here. For three generations, we’ve actively contributed to community causes focused on environmental protection and conservation, K-12 and vocational education, meal preparation and delivery, and many other causes close to our hearts.
As our founder, mentor, father, and grandfather Bob Cohen often said, “You can never make a bad deal with good people.” We like to think he still watches over things around here, and we work every day to be the “good people” to whom he referred.
Michael Cohen – President
Murray Cohen – Executive V.P.
Steve Cohen – Controller
James Cohen – Yard Foreman
Alan Cohen – Chairman
OUR COMPANY PHILOSOPHY: “WHAT IS A CUSTOMER?”
• A customer is the most important person ever in this office…in person, by mail or by telephone.
• A customer is not dependent on us…we are dependent on him/her.
• A customer is not an interruption of our work…he/she is the purpose of it.
• We are not doing a favor by serving a customer…he/she is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.
• A customer is not someone to argue or match wits with…no one ever wins an argument with a customer.
• A customer is a person who brings us his/her wants…it is our job to handle them profitably, to him/her, and to our selves.
Tap Sittiseri: Senior Scrap Buyer
Not only is Tap one the friendliest, funniest guys you’ll ever meet, he is also one of the most knowledgeable scrap buyers in Denver. As our past V.P. of non-ferrous (Scott’s current role), Tap had to learn each grade of material, how we process it and sell it, and the exact value of each item. And now that he’s in charge of commercial accounts, Tap can advise you on how best to sort, containerize and sell your scrap for maximum profit, just like he did for us. Definitely take advantage of his expertise.
The bottom line: If you’re in charge of selling scrap at your facility, a quick
conversation with Tap will give you the confidence that you are truly minimizing your handling, and maximizing your profits.